My Navy Portal
The Department of Navy is creating a one-stop shop for all sailors – officers and enlisted, active and reserve to manage the Navy Career and Life Events (CLEs) from New-to-Navy to Retirement and Separation.
IBR is partnered with Katmai Technical Services, prime contractor, and leads Agile based solution delivery to implement the vision of My Navy Portal (MNP), the Navy’s official military integrated human resources portal for Manpower, Personnel, Training and Education (MPTE) services. The MNP vision includes conducting business process re-engineering and technology transformations to migrate 60+ applications into a single portal providing a one-stop shop experience for a user base of over 1 million. As part of this transformation, IBR is leading the implementation of a portal which will enable sailors to manage their entire Career and Life Events (CLEs) from New-to-Navy through Retirement and Separation. These Task-based CLEs will guide sailors through all the tasks associated as a one-stop shop that brings together information that is available through many disparate systems today.
The overarching strategic goals for the portal effort are to:
- Provide a secure, reliable, single point of entry for ALL Navy Man Power, Training, and Education (MPTE), content, and business applications
- Provide a foundation for self-service delivery
- Improve relationships with the sailor interacting with the Navy MPTE component
- Leverage the portal to modernize how the Business delivers MPTE services
- Scalability – 1m users
- Business process management
- Agile development - multiple scrum team
- Web services
- UI/UX design and implementation
- External interface integration
- Performance management
- Cloud deployment